Sunday, May 28, 2006

"AL GORE TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PRESS"

Greg Sargent got this right. I was no great fan of Al Gore in his earlier life as a politician. He was way to DLC for me, war supporter, et.al. But he was always right about the environment & Bill Clinton's executive actions concerning saving certain parts of our landscape were the result, I believe, of Gore's insistence. The one thing about Gore, however, that made me a firm supporter was his insistence that a woman had a constitutional right to control her own reproductive health. We will soon see what the ReThug stolen election of 2000 will mean on this front. I must also point out that it was the kid who knocked some sense into me about Gore & reproductive rights. Yes, all you right-wing nutjobs, the same kid who is now carrying twins. All appears well on that front, with the possibility of identical twins having risen with the discovery of one large placenta, rather than two.
With that in mind, it was gratifying indeed to hear Gore unload on the political press and describe it as frivolous and cynical.
Emphasis added.
Quick UPDATE: A view a bit opposite of the above, although in the end, supportive of the "new" guy. I get his point & was one I had in 2000, as well. This notion of politics all working out in the end. Not with Bu$hCo & his minions.

No comments: