Monday, May 29, 2006

It's Late

& still real hot several miles south of the lake. Went to town for some shopping with Mrs. coldH2O & it was a great respite from the brutally hot day we had. I got to thinking about Mem. Day, it's a holiday I don't really celebrate, except that it's usually three days off. Anyway, my thinking led me to this fact:
The lowest casualty estimates, based on the now-renounced North Vietnamese statements, are around 1.5 million Vietnamese killed. Vietnam released figures on April 3, 1995 that a total of one million Vietnamese combatants and four million civilians were killed in the war.
Grenada-- 49 dead and several hundred wounded.
Or this:
In June 1991, the U.S. estimated that more than 100,000 Iraqi soldiers died,....
Or this:
Civilians reported killed by military intervention in Iraq
Min Max
37972 42346

Along with many more casualties, I am going to remember these dead people, particularly the civilians.

No comments: