Saturday, June 10, 2006

Trifecta!

Not the Belmont Stakes, sadly, but the infernal combustion powered vee-hickles - now the saintly, if not cool, 1984 Harley. Seems like I effed up the clutch &/or linkage. The linkage was held together with a bunch of plastic ties, hey, it's a Harley & I'm from Wisco. Either I somehow nicked the plastic or it just decided to wear out. I must mention that I tried using the bike as a tow vee-hickle, after all, they do haul trailers with them, but not this one. Maybe the clutch just needs adjusting, maybe replacement, why not, given my record this week. I did get the lawn tractor going, but then the attachment drive belt got scored & refused to stay in place after 50 feet or so of mowing. Looks like me & the teevee are going to be even better friends tonight & tomorrow. I hope Joe, the new guy, yes, he can, I just got a phone call from him. (Goofed up sentence, but the point is that Joe, the New Guy, will be able to haul the bike to the shop on Monday.) Being forced to stay home does allow for some more soapstone carving. I'm trying to hollow out a piece so I can fill it with citronella enhanced wax - & then give it to someone for a wedding present. I over carved the first experiment & created unwanted holes in the side. I'll probably be able to fix it using epoxy mixed with a bunch of the dust from the sanding I did on it. Oh well, it's better than a stick in the eye, or something.

No comments: