Friday, July 14, 2006

Home

After two weeks at the darling daughter's home, I finally got back to my home. & I'm going to leave again tomorrow for my longest bike ride yet, 120 miles to my hometown to visit with a dear friend from sunny CA that I haven't seen in many, many years. I bought a new Harley helmet while in the Cities & a cool cup holder that isn't reccommended for hot liquids, but I'm still putting my coffee cup in the damn thing, although this weekend will probably require lots & lots of water. Here are some pics of my work. Notice the drops of sweat on the lens, just like the one Pissed Off Patricia spotted in the last series.

Here's the beginning of taking the ceiling out of the kitchen.


A pile on the floor.


Examples of many plumbing eras, from 1905 to the 1990s. Not all of these pipes actually function anymore. There's even a gas pipe in there, the house was lit by gas lamps at one time.


The ceiling has been removed, the room vacuumed & washed by the estimable Mrs. coldH2O, curtains installed, food & spices restored, & the floor clean enough to eat from.


Here's the "finished" babies' room. It passed both the electrical inspection & the insulation inspection.


& finally, your intrepid blogger, after forgetting he was biting into a Juicy Lucy & not just a regular cheeseburger. The substance you see displayed on the shirt, etc., is cheese from the center of the Lucy. I was so hungry after all the sweating & work that I forgot that the cheese was liquid inside the burger. I won't make that mistake again, yeah, sure I won't.

6 comments:

Shutterwi said...

I don't see any sheetrock. Two weeks and no rock hung!

Anonymous said...

I notice NO mention that your favorite sister will be feeding & housing you to visit home.
Also, your work is wonderful..........and all I ever asked was to work on my basement! That was many years ago, before you became "House".
Love you anyway.

Anonymous said...

What about that knob and tube wiring?

Anonymous said...

thanks for all the hard work. but gawd, i can't even look at the jucy lucy pic without peeing my pants laughing!!

Anonymous said...

also, at matt's it is spelled jucy lucy. spelled any other way it just isn't the same!

Anonymous said...

That must be the mayo on our face?