Monday, July 17, 2006

So

I'm back from my longest motorcycle ride to date - approx. 250 miles round trip. My back is a bit stiff, but otherwise, it was great. I found myself going through a big, sweeping curve at about 70 MPH, but I will deny that in court, in fact, I will say it is a giant rightwing conspiracy, led by the anonymous commenter troll. The new helmet worked very well, by head stayed relatively cool in this awful heat. The vents are well designed. I had a great time with my old friend B. His mother died last week, although she hadn't been able to recognize anyone in quite some time. She had some form of dementia, not Alzhiemer's. My friend read a sweet & funny paragraph from a recent Philip Roth novel & it sprinkled a bit. Not bad as far as funeral's go. My friend & I did a bit of a nostalgia ride, a trout river we fished decades ago, a bar near where he had harvested wild rice, a lake we used to swim at (& a large rock, called "The Rock", just submerged under the water), my old house. We also talked about people, friends, we hadn't seen since 1967. &, not to be forgotten are my sister's - I had a great time with both of them, ate some nice food, saw how one sister & her boyfriend had fixed up their backyard, small pond & all. & now I'm home & the only bad news is that the sheetrock WAS NOT COMPLETED at the Darling Daughter's home. All I can say is that Mrs. coldH2O had better get on the stick, re: her other brothers. I don't do sheetrock, unless, of course, I have to. Later.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Just caught up on your blog. I was kind of out of it the last couple months as I finished up a conservatory program. I was without my motorcycle during during the whole final term, and only got it back a week and a half ago. Had to order a new voltage regulator from Italy for the Moto Guzzi. I like teasing HD guys, saying my bike starts every time. Now I have to say most of the time.

A twin that is fairly balanced or rubber mounted provides a nice back massage, as opposed to the old hard tails that actually caused problems. I find riding my bike actually alleviates some of the chronic lower back pain. Long rides, I still have to do some stretches every few hours.

Glad to hear you're out riding around. Nothing beats it on a nice day, whether your on your way to someplace or riding for the sake of riding.

Spadoman said...

I am free to persue a motorcycle ride into the U.P. anytime after the 4th of August. Any length of a trip will be OK with me, but only if there are pasties involved.

Stay in touch.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»