Wednesday, September 20, 2006

No Roads

Excellent.
A federal judge Wednesday reinstated a Clinton administration ban on the building of roads in untouched sections of national forests.

U.S. District Judge Elizabeth Laporte sided with states and environmentalists who sued to protect forest land.

The Clinton administration prohibited logging, mining and other development on 58.5 million acres of forest land in 38 states and Puerto Rico. In 2005, the Bush administration replaced the rule with a voluntary state-by-state petition process.

The judge overturned the new regulations.

2 comments:

BurdockBoy said...

Awesome! I'm ashamed being the environmentalist that I am that I hadn't heard this yet. (I've been a bit out of touch lately.) I knew groups were suing, but I figured it would be held up forever.

Anonymous said...

Here comes another "signing statement."