Monday, June 04, 2007

Interesting Story



But the most important paragraph of the piece, for me, anyway, was this one:

It didn't take Reece long to combine his love of work with flying. "It would takes us three weeks to set up the cables," he said. "With a helicopter I could do it in half a day."



The brothers bought a Bell helicopter and Reece used the GI Bill to put himself through aviation school.


My emphasis. My dad used the GI Bill in the late '40s to go to & graduate college. We all know what's been happening lately - just about nothing for veterans. As I noted below in a post, the VFW is backing the right of a vet to protest this stupid war in Iraq. Maybe the VFW will wake the hell up to what Bu$hCo has done, is doing, to the military.




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: