Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rain & 40 Degrees Farenheit

Posting has been irregular around here lately. There have been reasons, as usual. The biggest reason, however,is that Mrs. coldH2o has thyroid cancer. Last week half of her thyroid was removed, but the pathologists couldn't decide whether or not the tissue was malignant. They sent the tissue down to the Mayo Clinic & they confirmed that is was indeed cancer, a rare variant of papillary cancer. She will have the rest of her thyroid removed next week. This has been hard on her, since she is used to being the caregiver & isn't a very good patient. The Twins have been visitors through all of this, so that's been a benefit. This is not to mention that the day after her surgery, I apparently got a virus in my head & that the next day I started a three injection treatment of chicken comb stuff for my knees & that I will schedule arthroscopic surgery for some torn cartilage in my shoulder much later this fall. Oh, yeah, & my intact male Gordon Setter has a big, old swelling on an ankle & I paid $200 to not know what caused it. I do have a bottle of antibiotics, a $200 bottle of antibiotics, sitting on the counter. He is an extremely stoic guy, like a dog I had a few years ago, & there appears to be no pain, & I squeezed that joint hard. We're all walking wounded, but we're held together by our complete contempt for Bu$hCo & Cheney.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allow me to wish MrscoldH2O a speedy and complete recovery and my best wishes also go out to you and your setter....

I can sympathize because we have been through similar trials and tribulations but I can assure you that there are wonderful, happy times afterwards...

Best to all...

sky