Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kevin Drum Is An Idiot

Here's the background from Roger Ailes, the Good. Mr. Drum, DLC coothead that he is, disabled the comments for his really dumbass post. Luckily, I wasn't the only one to figure out that we could comment on another post Mr. Drum saw fit to print. Example:
You spend your time reading National Review to learn about the opinions of crackpots? Or do you have a staff of masochist interns who pore over their Web site while you lightly flick them with a cat o' nine tails?
Posted by: Anon on April 16, 2008 at 7:42 PM | PERMALINK

Oh, sorry. Here it is:
But comments aren't disabled on this post. Megan McArdle is an upper-middle class "libertarian" (read pro-big-business) twit. I can't believe you think she's serious. This is disturbing, Kevin.
Posted by: Walter Crockett on April 16, 2008 at 10:55 PM | PERMALINK
Here's the comment I left on the same thread:
Mr. Drum:
As Roger Ailes, the Good, suggests, I am sending you a copy of a blog post I am thinking about posting on my blog. I would appreciate if you would let me know if it is a sexist attack on Ms. McArdle. Here's the post:

Megan McArdle just loves Ayn Rand & Atlas Shrugs. I thought most people read that book when they were 16 years old & thought it would be really cool to have a whole bunch of money with which to impress other kids? These kids normally grew the hell up, realized just how awful Randian thinking is & became Democrats. Ms. McArdle apparently forgot about the growing up part. Stoooopid girl.

Thank you for your time & attention to this potential post. I eagerly await your thoughts.

Best:

coldH2Owi

I am a bad person, I didn't wait for Kevin Drum to give me the go-ahead to post, I just did it. Oh, well.

UPDATE: More here.

UPDATE #2: More from Drum's comments on this post:

Hey check out this kewl website:

http://firemeganmcardle.blogspot.com/
Posted by: Joan Gout on April 17, 2008 at 12:21 AM | PERMALINK
(This is where I got the link for UPDATE #1.)


Joan Gout, per your comment, including Kevin acting like a conservative blogger (yes, that's deliberate snark) and turning off comments in advance of publishing his post, here’s my thought, including McArdle and Amy Sullivan being blog-twit twins separated at birth.

That’s why Kevin turned off comments, because he knows its true. (Read the post for what I’d like to do to both McArdle and Sullivan, together.)

And, Kevin, if you have a post that you’re afraid to accept comments on, instead of being a conservative blogger, don’t post it in the first place.
Posted by: SocraticGadfly on April 17, 2008 at 12:31 AM | PERMALINK

No comments: