Saturday, July 19, 2008

Light Blogging

I wish I could say I was traveling to some exotic spot like Austin, TX, for some big shindig called something like Netroots Nation. More Netroots Nation reports from Talking Points Memo. There are some really good interviews from TPM. But, alas, loyal four readers, I am not in Austin, in fact, I'm sitting in northern Wisco, recouping from a week in The Cities working on the picket fence at The Kid's Place. As I was retrieving one of the babies, she was heading out toward some place, The Kid just said, "Hence, the fence." After another doctor's appointment on Monday, I will be heading down there again to work on said fence. We are almost to the fun part, putting up the pickets. The posts are in, the stringers are almost in, & the braces are showing up in the appropriate places. So, dear readers, my light & lightweight blogging may change a bit this weekend, but then get all misty & vague at the beginning of the week. Who knows, I may be hit with a bolt of smartness & let you in on a couple of topics that caught my head on the way back from The Cities yesterday: one was listening to a couple of folks claim that The Google is destroying our ability to "deep read" & "deep think". I wonder how many folks trying to pay for gas, food, & maybe a ticket to a movie, something uplifting, say, like The Dark Knight, worry about how deep their thoughts are, or how they are ever going to get through Wittgenstein's Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus. My emphasis since I laughed when I read it.
The new Batman movie The Dark Knight is long, loud, and agonizing, 2 1/2 hours of bipolar soul-searching, much of it about the nature of heroism.

No comments: