Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brett Favre

For all you anti-Favre dopes out there, Here are his stats for today, September 28, 2008 in a 56 - 35 win over the Arizona Cardinals:
Sore ankle and all, Broadway Brett joined Broadway Joe in the Jets' record book.

First For Favre

Brett Favre set a career high Sunday with his six touchdown passes.
Favre's most TDs in a game Game TDs Result
Sunday 6 W, 56-35*
Week 4 '98 5 W, 37-30
Week 4 '97 5 W, 38-32
Week 11 '95 5 W, 35-28
*Most points scored by Jets since 1985

Brett Favre set a career high and tied Joe Namath's Jets mark with six touchdown passes, including three to Laveranues Coles, and New York took advantage of a series of mistakes by Arizona in a big second quarter before holding on to beat the Cardinals 56-35 on Sunday.

"Throwing six touchdown passes was awesome," Favre said. "That had nothing to do with how I felt I played. It was one of those games. More importantly, I felt the overall game itself, I managed it well."

Favre, showing no signs of a left ankle injury that hobbled him during the week, finished 24-for-34 for 289 yards and an interception for the Jets (2-2).

"I asked him if he had tied a career high and he said, 'I've never thrown six," said Jerricho Cotchery, who had two TD catches. "That was like the end of the conversation because I'm scratching my head, like, 'Really? He's never thrown six touchdown passes before?' He played great today.

The stats are from ESPN.I would, once again, thanks Ted Thompson & the coach, Mike "I've Got To Fix It Every Week" McCarthy for being personally disloyal to Brett Favre & the Packer fans.

No comments: