Friday, April 03, 2009

This Makes Me Happy

One more Supreme Court, when asked, has done the right thing. What is unfortunate, however, is that it has taken up so much time & used up a lot of resources in order to do this thing state-by-state. & the worst of is that this shouldn't even be a legal or moral or religious issue, it is about two people loving each other & wanting to commit to each other in a normal, formal manner. It's a no fucking brainer. But the right-wing morons have accomplished one thing: they have forced progressive folks to give up their time & money in order to set things right. I have more rights about my health care than gay & lesbian & transsexual people have. I can fill out as many forms as I like to allow my health care providers to talk to each other about my sorry ass. Imagine, filling out forms to let people talk about you, what will they think of next?


1 comment:

nonheroicvet said...

I have evolved to indifference over the whole gay marriage thing. The only time a person's sexual preference matters to me is if they want to go on a date. (hasn't mattered for a long time.)

I do enjoy watching the Republican obsession with sex though - so with that in mind, I hope any gay couple that wants to get married, does so in Steve King's congressional district, if we get lucky maybe his head will explode.