Friday, January 21, 2011

Why America NeedsTo Renounce Torture, Assassination, & Just Plain Murder In Place Of Real Foreign Policy

I remember this, even though I was 12 years old & living in a small town in northern Wisco.  I did read the local paper & the Sunday Milwaukee Journal (it was a pretty good paper back then, not so much now).  I watched the teevee news & actually listened to AM radio (mostly to tune in a Chicago station to listen to an Ali bout, for free!)  In the intervening years I read a lot about this man & other men & women in Africa, good people murdered with the direct help of America.  & to top this off, I was watching some dumbass hunting show yesterday & this woman host referred to Africa as the dark continent.  She might as well have said what she meant - the darky continent.  It is so frustrating & humiliating to keep seeing this being said in America in the 21st century.  oh well, we have our guns & our version of a warrior god. 

No comments: