Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Fucking Senator Johnson

I had an interesting talk with a local ReThug up in Ashland, Wisco this a.m.  He pulled his truck up into a handicapped parking slot, he had no handicapped sticker (I did a walk around) & let out an elderly man.  He appeared nervous with me staring at him, so he moved his truck a bit at a time until he was out of the reserved handicapped spot but was now blocking a driveway that led to several business.  I walked up and asked how the Johnson thing was working out for him, since it appears that Johnson had a sweet deal with his company to pay him back & then some, for the cost of Johnson's campaign, the nine million dollars that came out his pocket.  This "respected" retired dentist said & I quote directly - "Who's Johnson?" I kid you not.  I responded by saying - "He's the guy you're supporting with that bumper sticker on you rear bumper."  He short of cleared his throat & I thought that about as much as he could take for one morning.  Just another ReThug. This aforementioned transaction occurred just before Johnson was sworn in as a Senator. So far, no document detailing the deferred compensation package that was signed before Johnson started his campaign has surfaced.  Looks bad for my fucking senator, eh?  I can only hope & hope & hope that the bureaucratic apparatus that is supposed to deal with criminality like this actually still works.  I suppose it could be all rusted together from the rain caused by climate change, but I hope not. 

No comments: